In addition to any vacancies on the above link, the Port is currently looking to appoint:
Milford Haven Port Authority (MHPA)
Milford Haven Port Authority (MHPA) is a Trust Port with statutory responsibilities for the management of the 4th largest port in the UK with over 60 square miles of navigable waterway. Employing a workforce of c.170, its 2016 turnover and profit before tax were £25m £5.6m respectively. Two thirds of its turnover is generated from the provision of port marine services (pilotage and conservancy) to ships accessing the 5 oil and gas facilities owned and operated by major international energy companies such as Exxon, Valero, Shell and Qatargas. The remainder is generated from property and port facilities located at Milford Dock and Pembroke Port.
Milford Haven is a nationally significant gateway for the import and export of energy fuels. MHPA’s strategy is to sustain this activity whilst developing its asset base at Milford Dock and Pembroke Dock to diversify its business. Its plans include further retail and leisure development at Milford Waterfront to strengthen its role as a regional destination for tourism and leisure as well as developing further as Wales’ largest centre for fishing aquaculture and a key centre for the wave and tidal energy industry. This diversification strategy is a major focus for the Board.
MHPA is governed by a Board comprising the Chair, six Non-Executive Directors and three Executive Directors. Three Non-Executive Directors are stepping down in January 2018. As such, MHPA is seeking prospective Non-Executive Directors possessing specific knowledge and experience to join its Board.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- A team player with excellent strategic skills, you will possess Board-level experience within a substantial private sector business ideally from a relevant environment, which may include: maritime, property, regeneration, leisure or tourism.
- You will possess a proven track record of effectively and objectively contributing to business strategy through making informed business, strategic and financial decisions; demonstrating openness to challenge and willingness to reconsider and revaluate.
- A natural relationship builder, you will be a highly credible ambassador for MHPA in building networks at a senior level with a complex range of stakeholders.
- Focused on achievements and generating outcomes, you will have gained a strong reputation as a person of authenticity who commits to an organisation’s purpose, vision and values; maintaining the highest levels of integrity, objectivity and independence.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Candidates must possess one of the following areas of specialist knowledge and experience:
- Marine (port safety): strong knowledge and direct relevant experience of port safety management with particular reference to pilotage, navigation and vessel traffic services; working knowledge of the operational and commercial dynamics and constraints of ports; knowledge of the charter markets with specific reference to the energy markets.
- Finance: Specific knowledge and professional expertise of building a successful business; up to date understanding of the main issues affecting a business of this scale; strong experience of practical implementation and supervision of corporate governance with particular reference to the role of audit committees, auditing standards and management of tax; strong financial literacy, working knowledge of M&A as well as raising debt.
- Commercial: specific knowledge and professional expertise of building a successful consumer-facing business; up to date understanding of the main issues affecting a business of this scale; proven track record of sales and marketing, with particular reference to the development of a viable digital marketing strategy; able to utilise their network of contacts for the benefit of the Port; experience of the process of diversification of a business.
For an informal discussion and a copy of the Candidate Brief, please contact Siân Goodson or Sam Smith at Goodson Thomas: 029 2167 4422. Download Candidate Brief here.
To apply, email email@example.com noting GT_0070_MHPA in the subject line, and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Deadline for applications: 9 November 2017
Interviews with MHPA: 13 or 14 (am) December 2017
All applications will be acknowledged.