1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, from Tuesday 5th September 2023 experimental concrete scour protection units will be deployed on the seabed at the META East Pickard Bay site. Installation will be carried out by the workboat WILLSUPPORT over the next few days, actual deployment date is dependent on weather conditions.
2. Equipment will remain in position for 18 months.
3. Five experimental units each 3m (W) x 3m (L) x 1m (H) and associated mooring and monitoring equipment will be deployed on the seabed within the pilot area in approximately 19m of water.
4. The deployment site will be clearly marked with a large Special Mark buoy with light characteristic: Fl 5 Y 20s.
5. Please see table for coordinates of pilot area as well as chart extract for position:
6. Admiralty Chart 2878 (Approaches), 3273 (Entrance), 3274 (West Haven), and Imray Y26 & 2600 ATLAS refer.
7. This notice will be cancelled when scour protection units have been recovered, on or around 30th January 2025.