Notice to Mariners No 018 of 2022 - Deployment and Operation of ADCP in Freshwater West
- MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, an Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) used to inform the engineering designs and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) will be deployed approximately 0.6nm South of Sheep Island.
- The ADCP will be deployed between around 28th March 2022 and are expected to be in situ on the seabed for up to 1 month, a marker buoy will not be used.
- The Work boat “HST COASTAL OBSERVER” will be used to deploy the ADCP in the following position:
- Deployment location of Approx: 51.661446 N, 005.121993 W
- Depth of water in this location at LAT is approx. 28m.
- Mariners are required to navigate with caution in these areas whilst workboat is in operation placing this ADCP.
- On 30th March “HST COASTAL OBSERVER” will use an acoustic modem attached to a small towed craft to collect live data from the ADCP.
- For details of the whereabouts of this vessel whilst within port limits, please contact Port Control on:
- VHF channel 12
- Telephone 01646 696137
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admiralty chart 3275, 3274 and Imray Y26 & 2600 ATLAS refer.
- This Notice will be cancelled when the ADCP has been removed.
Back to Previous Page
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100