1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, the Milford Haven Waterway is defined as a “Narrow Channel” under the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS).
2. Following a series of Close Quarter situations involving Large Commercial Vessels between Newton Noyes and the Cleddau Bridge and small leisure vessels, mariners are reminded of their obligations under Rule 9 parts a,b,c,d of the COLREGS:
3. Port of Milford Haven Byelaw 20: Vessels to be Navigated with Care, and Byelaw 22: As to Fairway also apply.
4. Mariners are further reminded of Annual Standing Notice No.23 Obstructing the Fairway.
5. Further information on regular Large Commercial Vessel movements can be found in the Leisure Users Guide at https://www.mhpa.co.uk/uploads/2020-12-14-55-1-pomh-lug-insert-380x272-2021.pdf
6. Mariners should check the Port Website for the updated list of Notice to Mariners in force https://www.mhpa.co.uk/notice-to-mariners/
7. Admiralty charts 3274, 3275 and Imray 2600.11 refer.
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100