1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that passage plans are a requirement for every movement of reporting vessels of more than 50 metres LOA within the limits of the jurisdiction of Milford Haven Port Authority.
2. General Directions 2016 section 8.3 refers to the need for a passage plan.
3. Passage plans should be prepared for each individual movement and should be pertinent to the manoeuvre intended; the weather and tide expected and include contingency plans.
4. Attention is drawn to IMO resolution A. 293 (21), SOLAS chapter V 2002 (as implemented by May 2002 Regulations) and numerous passage planning aids in print. One such aid can be referenced at www.mhpa.co.uk.
5. Spot checks will be carried out by officers of the Authority to view passage plans and delays may be experienced should they appear inadequate.
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100