Notice to Mariners No.119 of 2020 - Coronavirus Guidance
- MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, following the Welsh Government announcement, leisure users should be aware that from midnight on Saturday 19th December, Wales entered “ALERT LEVEL 4” Coronavirus Restrictions. This will be reviewed every 3 weeks.
- Welsh guidance currently states, “we ask people to avoid activities that involve a significant degree of risk (for example swimming or other exercise at sea, or in lakes, rivers or other waterways).” The RYA States “Level 4 has no end date and will be reviewed every three weeks. Therefore recreational boating activities will have to cease.”
- The RYA and RNLI urge you all to consider:
- whether your activity complies with Government regulations for social distancing and travel;
- whether your vessel has been maintained properly and is seaworthy, reducing the risk of needing external assistance;
- whether all emergency equipment is in working order and the crew know how to use it;
- using the RYA SafeTrx app which can monitor you journey and can alert emergency services if needed; and
- anything else that may increase the potential demand on emergency services including experience levels and prevailing conditions.
- Further guidance can be found through the following links:
- This notice will be reviewed in line with Welsh Government reviews.
- Admiralty charts 3274, 3275 and Imray 2600.11 refer.
Back to Previous Page
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100