Notice to Mariners No.105 of 2020 - National Coronavirus Firebreak
- MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, following the Welsh Government announcement on Monday 19th October, leisure users should be aware that a National Coronavirus Firebreak has been announced from Friday 23rd October 18:00 until Monday 9th November.
- Welsh guidance currently states, “we ask people to avoid activities that involve a significant degree of risk (for example swimming or other exercise at sea, or in lakes, rivers or other waterways).”
- RYA Cymru Wales Guidance states “this is a stay at home order” and that “all boating activities will need to cease from 6PM Friday 23rd October” https://www.rya.org.uk/rya-regions/rya-cymru-wales/information-advice/Pages/ReturntoBoatingWales.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1lTURAcnAAhnyR7UjNiaWNd7iC7wSA9zZUwETl1zbY_hXOryOTd5eeKMQ
- Mariners should be aware that much of the leisure infrastructure, such as seasonal pontoons, are not currently in place, and as a result emergency access to and from the waterway is limited (in particular, access to defibrillators from the waterway is severely limited).
- Mariners should check https://gov.wales/national-coronavirus-fire-break-to-be-introduced-in-wales-on-friday and https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions for further guidance.
- Admiralty charts 3274, 3275 and Imray 2600.11 refer.
- This notice will self-cancel at 00:01 on Monday 9th November 2020.
Back to Previous Page
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100