1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, following the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID19), Masters of vessels may require the Pilot to complete a Pilot Declaration of Health Form prior to board.
2. To assist with such requests the Port of Milford Haven wishes to make the following known to all vessels. All Pilots assigned to work on any given day (normally 3 pilots on roster each day) are all following Government and Port procedure regarding Self Isolation and Social Distancing if necessary.
3. Pilots, as with all port employees, who are showing, or cohabitating with anyone showing symptoms of COVID19 will not be in work but following government and port direction and at home Self Isolating.
4. Masters requiring reassurance of this fact, can, following the master / pilot exchange regarding boarding position and ladder arrangements ask the pilot the questions as per the vessel’s own pilot declaration of health. In order to keep the VTS working channel clear, the port requests that any such exchange takes place of VHF Ch11.
5. On boarding a virtual signing of the Master/Vessel Declaration can take place during the Master Pilot Exchange.
6. If the completion of a paper declaration is required then it is the intention of the port to use the port’s own form to prevent confusion, (copy attached), however the need for hard copies could result in pilot boarding delays while this administrative task is undertaken.
7. Pilot Declaration of Health Form (click here)
8. A further notice will be issued when these procedures are revised or cancelled.
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100