1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY REMINDED of the need to navigate with care when passing moored vessels.
2. In particular, the effects of interaction which can cause such vessels to surge alongside with potential adverse effects to moorings, access ladders, cargo operations (including loading arms), bunkering or storing.
3. Vessels alongside undertaking such activities are recommended to fly the International Code Signal ‘RY’.
4. Such effects may be significantly lessened by passing at reduced speeds and giving as wide a berth as possible.
5. Vessels alongside should ensure that their moorings are regularly tended and not allowed to become slack.
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100