Notice to Mariners No. 84 of 2019 - Gelliswick Bay and Pembroke Port Heavy Lift Operations
- MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, from 5th August 2019 heavy lifting operations will take place at Gelliswick Bay and Pembroke Port Quay 1. (Approx. positions 51 57N 005 03.75w and 51 41.8n 004 57.0W).
- Operations are expected to continue for a period of up to four weeks with the self-propelled barge Terra Marique transiting between Gelliswick Bay and Port of Pembroke Quay 1 throughout the period.
- The barge Terra Marique will load from the beach at Gelliswick Bay and discharge at Port of Pembroke Quay 1.
- Exclusion zones will be set up on Gelliswick beach during the low water periods and marker buoys will be placed to form an ‘approach channel’ to the landing place in way of the PUMA ENERGY approach road.
- Any fishing markers, pot markers, unlicensed moorings etc. should be removed from the area in advance or they will be removed without notice.
- Mariners should navigate with caution when the Terra Marique is in transit or making approaches to and from Gelliswick Bay and Port of Pembroke Quay 1, remaining clear at all times and passing at slow speed.
- A further Notice to Mariners will be issued on completion of the works.
- Admiralty chart 3274, 3275 and Imray Y26 & 2600 atlas refer.
MILFORD HAVEN PORT AUTHORITY
Back to Previous Page
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100