1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that large wash may be experienced in the vicinity of the West Channel – St. Ann’s Head to Dale Point and Sheep Island to Thorn Island.
2. Harbour tugs engaged in active or passive escorting of large tankers travel at speeds of up to 12 knots and can create high wash.
3. A broadcast will be made by Port Control, that an escort is taking place on VHF channel 12.
4. Mariners, especially small boat owners, are requested to pay particular attention to this wash and exercise caution.
5. Admiralty charts 2878, 3273, 3274 and Imray Y26 & 2600 ATLAS refer.
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100