1.MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that, from Friday 28th September 2018 a programme of Geophysical surveys will be conducted across the approaches to Milford Haven between Freshwater West (approx. Position 51o 39’.0N 005o 05’.16W ) and reporting Point ALPHA (approx. position 51o 39’.33N 005o 18’.10W ).
2. Survey work will also be conducted outside port limits in waters to the south west of Skokholm Island.
3. Work will be conducted from the survey vessels MV FRANKLIN and MV SEABEAM which will maintain a listening watch on VHF Ch 12 whilst operating within port limits.
4. Surveys will be conducted using hull mounted multi-beam sonar, towed side-scan sonar, sub-bottom profiling and magnetometer equipment. When equipment is deployed survey vessels may be restricted in ability to manoeuvre and will display the appropriate shapes and lights.
5. An aft safety distance of 350m is required when towed equipment is in use.
6. Mariners are required to pass the survey vessel at a safe distance and speed during survey operations.
7. For details of the survey vessels positions in port limits please contact Port Control on:
i. VHF channel 12
ii. Telephone 01646 696137
iii. Fax 01646 696110
iv. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Admiralty charts 3273 and Imray C2600.11 refer.
9. A further notice will be issued on completion of the survey works.
MILFORD HAVEN PORT AUTHORITY
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100