1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that maintenance works will commence in Milford Lock (approximate position 51º42.’6 N 005º02.’32 W) from about 8th January 2018 for approximately 4 weeks.
2. The crane barge SKYLINE will position a limpet dam within the lock pit which may protrude up to 2m from the existing structure when in place.
3. The limpet dam will initially be positioned on the eastern side of the lock and will remain in position for a period of approximately 2 weeks. The crane barge SKYLINE 22 will then reposition the limpet dam on the western side of the lock for a further period of approximately 2 weeks.
4. Whilst the crane barge SKYLINE 22 is operating restrictions will be in place on the use of the lock.
5. Divers will be used extensively within the lock pit during the maintenance period.
6. Access to the lock during these works will remain under the control of Pier Head on VHF Channel 14. It is recommended that mariners wishing to transit the lock contact Pier Head at least 24 hours in advance to confirm any restrictions which may be in place.
7. Admiralty Charts 3273 & 3274 and Imray Y26 & 2600 ATLAS refer.
8. Further Notice to mariners will be issued when works are complete.
MILFORD HAVEN PORT AUTHORITY
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100