1. MARINERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED that a timed Longboat Rowing race will take place on Saturday April 22nd, 2017.
2. The race start will be staggered, beginning as each vessel passes through the South Hook small boat passage (approximate position 51o 42’.33 North, 05o 04’.72 West) and finish in Gelliswick Bay (approximate position 51o 42’.45 North, 05o 03’.43 West). It is anticipated there will be a maximum of 30 participating vessels.
3. Participating vessels will follow the route shown on the attached chartlet (click here).
4. The race is expected to begin at approximately 1230hrs and all competitors are expected to finish the race by 1630hrs.
5. Participating vessels will keep clear of any commercial shipping in the navigable channels. Safety boats will accompany the race and will monitor VHF Ch 12.
6. Mariners are requested to navigate with caution and pass at slow speed in the vicinity of these craft.
7. This Notice to Mariners will self cancel at 2359 on 22nd April 2017.
8. Admiralty charts 3274, 3275 and Imray 2600.11 refer.
W C HIRST
MILFORD HAVEN PORT AUTHORITY
Port of Milford Haven
Tel: 01646 696100