The Environmental Manager attends the following external committees either representing the specific interests of the Port of Milford Haven or the wider, sector interests of the Welsh Ports Group.
The Harbourmaster and Environmental Manager attend meetings of the Pembrokeshire Marine Special Area of Conservation Relevant Authorities Group (SACRAG). SACRAG is responsible for developing and progressing the SAC Management Scheme.
The Environmental Manager attends meetings of The Milford Haven Waterway Environmental Surveillance Group comprised of Waterway Operators and Authorities. Since January 1992 MHWESG has provided Environmental Project Funding, Environmental Data collation & review.
- Port Sector Trade Organisation
The Port of Milford Haven is a member of the British Ports Association, (BPA). The Environmental Manager attends BPA / UKMPG Environmental Policy Committee meetings and participates in the BPA Environmental Contacts Group activities.
- Welsh Ports Group
- Wales Marine Strategic Advisory Group WMSAG (Welsh Government)
- Natural Resources Reference Group (Welsh Government)
- Western Wales Water Framework Directive RBMP Liaison Panel
- Welsh Government Stakeholder Reference Group for Marine Planning
- Welsh Marine Protected Areas Management Steering Group. (Welsh Government)
- Haven HES Technical Group (Haven Energy Forum sub-group)
- Pembrokeshire Biodiversity Partnership, Non-Native Species working group (corresponding member)
- Annual Consultative Meeting
The Port holds an annual meeting where any member of the public or representatives of port stakeholder organisations can raise questions of concern or interest in any of the port’s activities or future development. The Environmental Manager attends and is available for input and responses as required.