In 2011, the Port of Milford Haven commissioned a new economic report by Cardiff University on the employment and economic impact of the Port and the industries that are linked to it.
The key findings of the report are:
- The Waterway supports over 5,000 jobs in Wales as a whole, 4,000 of which are in Pembrokeshire
- 30% of jobs in the local economy are in oil refining, gas processing and power generation
- 10% of jobs are in sea transport services
- £324m of gross value added (GVA) is injected into the Pembrokeshire economy by activities dependent on the Waterway
- £88.5m of GVA is put into the Welsh economy