Port Operations: Covid-19
The Port of Milford Haven is a critical part of the UK’s energy infrastructure and our teams, who have been identified by the government as ‘key workers’, are continuing to deliver safe port operations for our customers.
All of our staff who are able to work from home are doing so, however front line staff remain in work.
We continue to follow official guidance, working on the advice of the UK Government, Welsh Government, Public Health Wales and Pembrokeshire Port Health Authority.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and the wider community we have taken the following measures:
- Closed our offices and asked all support staff to work from home, where they are able to. Where offices are manned, general public are not permitted.
- Provided Personal Protection Equipment to all frontline staff who are required, as part of their role, to have some contact with other people.
- Reinforced messages on social distancing and practising good hygiene through regular hand washing as the best way to reduce individual risk of contracting the virus.
- Enhanced cleaning of working areas to regularly sanitise all frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and light switches.
- All business travel for Port employees is cancelled until further notice.
- Where possible customer meetings will take place online.
- Restricted access to critical areas and sites to essential staff only i.e. those who usually work in that location.
- We have postponed upcoming events and will continue to review the situation and make decisions on events planned after April.
- We are supporting our staff on full pay should they need to self-isolate due to displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and are working with them to allow flexible working arrangements should they have childcare issues due to school closures.
We are asking everyone to respect our need to keep our staff safe. Please do not call at any of our offices or operational areas. If you need to reach a member of the team, please call 01646 696100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will adapt our position accordingly. If you have any questions about what we are doing please get in touch via email@example.com.