Milford Haven Port Authority (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) we are the data controller, our address is Gorsewood Drive, Hakin, Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire SA73 3ER. Correspondence should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [www.mhpa.co.uk] (our site). This includes information provided when using our site or requesting further information about the goods and/or services that may be available through it. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses And Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored in the memory of the device you have used to access our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the memory of the device you have used to access our site. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
|Cookie name||Used by||Purpose|
|_hash||All areas of the site||
These cookies are set to allow us know the status of a user on our website and are used for things such as login routines and shopping baskets
|cookies||All areas of the site||
This cookie stores a value so that we know if you have viewed the cookie information on this website
|PHPSESSID||All areas of the site||
This cookie stores the identifier for your current session in PHP. It is removed at the end of your session.
|Cookie name||Used by||Purpose|
|_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _utmmobile||Google Analytics, all areas of the site.||
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from geographically, and the pages they have visited, the devices and browsers the visitor is using.
|Cookie name||Used by||Purpose|
|__stid, __uset||Share this, any area of the site using sharethis plugin.||
These cookies are used by sharethis
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information, products or services by post that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. If you are not an existing customer who has previously used our site to make purchases we will not contact you by electronic means for these purposes unless you have expressly consented.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into via our site.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you have subscribed to receive email alerts we may, from time to time, use the contact details you have provided for sending email campaigns and newsletters. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving alerts, please click here.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties from whom you have purchased any goods and/or services via our site;
- to the prospective seller or buyer in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if Milford Haven Port Authority or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Milford Haven Port Authority, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by e-mailing email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.