Marine Navigation Simulator Suite
The Port of Milford Haven has opened a state of the art marine navigation simulator suite. Built using MARIN’s latest software, DOLPHIN, the suite offers superb adaptability and can recreate an extensive range of scenarios for training and exercise purposes.
- Pilot training
- Captain and crew training
- Tug master training
- Multiple vessel and scenario training
- Emergency exercises
- Vessel manoeuvring trials
- Incident investigations
- Awareness courses for leisure users
The suite includes a bridge simulator, tug/pilot boat (or alternate vessel) simulator, instructor operation station, debriefing room and second instructor operating station, VTS suite and a kitchen and breakout area. Spaces can either be booked individually or as a whole to create a complex port-wide scenario.
- Adjustable to show influence of all external effects like wind, waves (first order motions, wave drift), tidal currents, shallow water, bank suction, ship to ship interaction, tug and berthing line forces, collision forces etc. The models are water depth/draft dependent.
- Training scenarios can address incidents such as failure of ship’s equipment and machinery
- Simulators offering full fore, aft, port and starboard vision and manoeuvrability
- Multiple vessel programmes, modelled to show corresponding seakeeping behaviour and controls
- Access to staff that can assist with exercises or carry out simulations on your behalf
- Potential to modify suite to simulate your exact bridge requirements
- Full connectivity throughout suite
Watch the simulator in action...