The Environmental Manager maintains and updates the Environmental Legislation Register with both hard copy and electronic material a range of sources listed below. New or imminent changes to Environmental Legislation are a standing Agenda Item for the EMC where discussion on compliance and implementation of regulatory requirements are addressed.
- Subscription to Croner’s Environmental Management – Hard and soft copy.
- Monitoring EA / EA Wales NetRegs material
- Monitoring the DEFRA website for Guidance documentation, publications and consultation documents.
- Monitoring the DTI website for Port, Shipping and Environmental Legislation, publications and consultation documents.
- Monitoring the DTI website for relevant Environmental legislation & Guidance
- Monitoring European Directives, Environmental Guidance and issues through European Sea Ports Organisation
- Monitoring International Shipping and Ports Environmental Legislation, Conventions and Protocols
- UK shipping and marine environmental legislation, guidance notices and consultation documents
- Member of British Ports Association Environmental Policy Working Group and monitoring BPA website
- Registered with and member of ECOPORTS